Fireworks are often used to mark special events and holidays. The only safe way to view fireworks is to attend a professional show. It is important to know that fireworks are not safe in the hands of consumers. Fireworks cause thousands of injuries each year.
Here are six suggestions for celebrating the 4th of July safely withOUT fireworks:
- Illuminate the Night Safely: Consider using glow sticks, which emit a vibrant glow in the dark, as a safe alternative to sparklers. Suitable for individuals of all ages, they provide an enjoyable way to embrace the patriotic spirit.
- Make Some Noise: Express your patriotism proudly by utilizing noise makers, which are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression. These can be easily obtained at local party supply stores, or you can exercise your creativity and craft your own personalized noise makers.
- Host an Outdoor Movie Night: Create a memorable experience by organizing an outdoor movie night. Arrange a large screen and projector to showcase patriotic films or documentaries. Remember to ensure everyone’s comfort by providing insect repellent.
- Red, White, and Blue Fun: Engage in a lively activity by incorporating red, white, and blue silly string. This entertaining option appeals to individuals of all ages, adding an element of excitement and patriotism to your celebrations.
- Engage in Patriotic Crafts: Bond with your family by engaging in creative patriotic crafts. Choose from a variety of craft options that embody the spirit of your nation, allowing for meaningful moments and lasting memories.
- Commemorate with a USA-themed Birthday Party: Celebrate the United States by organizing a birthday party in honor of the nation. Ensure the event captures the essence of patriotism, and don’t forget to include a delicious cake as part of the festivities.
At Fortis Fire & Safety, we encourage you to embrace patriotism responsibly and safely by exploring these alternatives to fireworks. Enjoy a memorable celebration while prioritizing the well-being and security of yourself and those around you.